Monday, 15 September 2008

Frivolously Flowery



I've been using up assorted little bits of material and combining it with felt and pretty buttons and then adding lots of embroidery on top and have ended up with what I, for some unknown reason, am calling "Florettes".  I made quite a few when we were on holiday earlier this year; I had to do some sewing and didn't see I'd get my sewing machine and its accoutrements on the plane so these little projects were the answer. I think they are just the ticket for cheering up the Winter jackets and coats that are starting to come out of the woodwork.  Brrr, it's chilly.  Our central heating had switched itself on last night for the first time in probably 6 months, the temperature had dropped so much.  Today, I ordered one tonne of coal (literally).  Open fires are about the only good thing in Autumn/Winter, in my opinion (I really don't do cold weather).

Anyway, I'm wittering (surely not)?!  I have recently augmented my stash of Florettes and today have loaded some into my Etsy shop.  So, if you fancy a bit of flowery frivolity, I'd love for you to have a look...





This one has a gorgeous vintage glass button, one of only two I have.  They came from an antiques fair in Beer, Devon.


Not just for wearing, perhaps...




If any of my fellow bloggers can think of good alternative uses for these little pretties (nothing rude please!), then leave me a comment if you would and then I think for the owner of the best comment, I'll make you a special one of your own, just to say thank you.

Cheerio for now. Next shall be an update on my recent thrifty/vintagey finds...

15 comments:

  1. Oh, oh, oh, I love these flowers. I love how you have them displayed on the wood circle. Very pretty! I like to wear these flowers on my blazer lapel for work. Great sewing project to take along when traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I love them there florettes! I particularly like the one with the glass button; I have a stack of those from a car boot, maybe I'll make myself one...some hope!
    Looks great on the cushion too.
    Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  3. those florettes are so lovely !!! i wish i was able to sew I really must have a go!!!
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  4. just to add.... I would hang a few vertically on some ribbon and use as decoration in my daughters room :-)
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  5. on a hat or to secure a scarf/wrap, I do think a sheriff one for the munchkin would be fab Dawnx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo these flowers are lovely! I would like to see them on wirey stems with perhaps a few felted leaves and popped into a pretty little jug or vase on a windowsill.
    Or maybe lots of them round in a circle to make a flowery wreath for the door?
    They are so pretty, you are clever!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, just the thing to brighten up these Autumn days. You could sew some to ribbon to make a garland, like bunting.
    I've become addicted to crocheting flowers so have made some into brooches.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hen,
    Do you have the top left florette still? I had a look in your shop but couldn't find it. I recently bought Beatrice a dark red coat and am going to get the Cath Kidston girls Fair Isle beret to go with it. I'm after a florette with red, blue, green etc. Can you help me?
    If they were smaller you could use them as hairslides..I love handmade hairslides in great fabric.
    Love, love, love Sheriff Munchkin's room...It makes me want to have a boy!! You've done an amazing job.
    Jane. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hen,
    Yes it was top left of wooden board. But anything with red, blue, green would be lovely. I love spots and a red button if possible. Whatever you make is lovely.
    Email; janebarber72@hotmail.com. Let me know how much I need to send you and how.
    Oh, can't wait.
    Jane. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Flowers - No.........Beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so enjoying your blog...you have great taste....
    Your little flowers are so sweet!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yum, your blog is pure eye candy!

    ReplyDelete

You are warmly encouraged to leave a comment here. Your comments are emailed directly to me so rest assured I read and treasure every one. Thank you for supporting my blog with your comment. X