Sunday, 1 February 2009

Come to a Garden Party...

...in our sitting room!  Yes, the fabric that I showed you last Tuesday, was on Wednesday whipped up into some bright new beauties to adorn the sofa.  You may recall, in December I made a set of Christmassy cushions which looked so much better than the boring beige ones that came with the sofa that I knew I'd have to replace them with a more permanent set once it was time to put the festive ones away.  So, I set to with my Anna Maria Horner designed "Garden Party" fabric and the result...









Hello there! Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!




Want to tickle my tummy? Oh go on...





Hey, there's a nice new cushion on my chair too. 




Thank you, Jacky!  I took the photo above once it was a bit darker so you could see the lamp on, in all its pinky, spotty, bobbly glory.

Well, you know how it is, you revamp one bit of the room and then the rest looks a bit sad.  So, on Thursday, off I went to trusty Ikea and invested in a stripey rug and the lamp base and shade (and other essential bits and bobs, obviously).  I set about the shade with some left over spotty Garden Party fabric and some hot pink bobble trim.  Quite pleased with that, the lamp and shade was less than £20.   Not sure that the flump goes with the new theme though, that's old Amy Butler fabric but very nice all the same...




We really loving our "new" room, it's much brighter and warmer.  Very cosy indeed.

30 comments:

  1. All lovely Hen....very cheerful and bright....your so clever!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cushions are lovely Hen, they are so bright and cheerful. Do you put zips in your cushions, or do you do that envelope folding thing? (((((hugs)))) Pixie. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house is so lovely, i love it!!! great cushions too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hen,love the cushions,so cheerful!Especially love the lamp with bobble trim,I just love bobble trim!
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacky-Ginge compliments the cushions wonderfully Hen. I love your house and the modern homely look to it. Just to let you know Hen that my little hen died on Friday. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooo yummy fabrics i dont think ms butler does anything i dont like!!! the lampshade looks fab :-)
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cushions - really brighten the day !!

    I need to do some cushions - I cant believe how much stuff you achieve - do you sleep ???

    Sara
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful festival of colours and what a pretty puddy cat too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such cheerful bright colours, just what we all need to see at this time of the year.

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely bright colours. It's nice to see someone using a bit of colour! I love the rug! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOh Hen..forget the cushions(they are lovely of course) but that rug..is lovely!!!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow I love those cushions!! I want to recover ours, but Mr Deravelled is a bit afraid of what they might end up looking like, so he's refusing to allow me so far.... maybe I'll do one and see if he notices? ;)

    Gemma x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the new cushions - loved the Christmas cushions too! The new rug is great in your new room!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow love it.
    Bring on the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous new set of cushions and I LOVE the rug.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautifull cushions, they brighten your room up so much. Love the rug too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Hen,
    Great work - the new cushions add a (LARGE!) splash of colour to your cosy living room.
    Love your little-one's framed artworks on the wall too.

    Have a great week,
    Happy Sewing,
    Niki

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gosh, there must be smoke coming off your sewing machine. It all looks lovely and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow what gorgeous cushions, your living room looks so cheery, makes mine feel a bit drab and dreery. i love your lamp too, you must have been busy this weekend!!
    claire

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love that rug! your room is very bright and cheery....fabertastic!

    ReplyDelete
  21. She's a clever girl with her fabrics! I think the flump goes perfectly well. The more you add the more it will go.... there's a great Kaffe Fassett quote - 'If in doubt, add another colour'! Now, I bet that cat is getting excited - maybe a new collar to fit the scheme?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great cushions! I love all the colour.

    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  23. you have a very nice house! Love all those pretty cushions!

    Cute Cat too!!

    Sam cc

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a gorgeous aray of colours, I love the lamp, what a great idea! Your cat has a very comfy chair! Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. ooo just what we need..lots of lovely colour! I would love to be able to have two houses to decorate..like you I would have one more modern and one cottagey and flowery..it must be so much fun, it all looks great!! x

    ReplyDelete
  26. The colors are so wonderful and the pillow look FAB on the sofa! Nice job! :)

    ReplyDelete

You are warmly encouraged to leave a comment here. Your comments are emailed directly to me so rest assured I read and treasure every one. Thank you for supporting my blog with your comment. X