Thursday, 5 February 2009

It's all about Four...

I have been tagged by Cocoa & Blankets to reveal the fourth photo in the fourth file on my computer.  Aaarrrggghhh, that could be something horrendous, not for public consumption, I thought. We've only had this particular laptop about a year so there's nothing particularly ancient on here (and therefore, unfortunately no photos of me looking glamorous and slim some years ago!) Phew, the fourth folder contains anything and everything to do with the Munchkin; I'm so pleased, it's quite a nice photo, actually. So, here it is:

This shows "Sheriff Munchkin" in his cowboy room at the cottage, all lovingly and thriftily decked out by yours truly. He's showing off the bag I had just made him (Amy Butler's Weekender Bag pattern; not for the faint hearted).  He loves it in his room and can disappear for hours, listening to his furry cowhide radio and recreating all sorts of Western stick-em-ups with his Playmobil cowboys and Indians. If you are new to reading my blog and haven't read about the cowboy room before (and fancy doing so), then you can do that here.

Finally, a big apology to everyone who has kindly and thoughtfully given me awards in recent weeks. I've been very disorganised (and not thoughtful) and have not kept on top of them, passed them on and thanked you for them. I need a system. Oooh yes, I love a good system. This one is going to be really complex, like keeping a notebook and pencil next to the computer and noting down an award and it's sender when I receive them (presuming I ever receive any, of course)!

If you'd like to have a go at the fourth file, fourth photo thingy then please feel free.


  1. Great photo. You wee lad looks like great fun. Mr Thrifty just looked over my shoulder (wearing one of his vintage cowboy shirts) and it would appear that he is most jealous of the cowboy bedroom.

  2. Love your blog dear! I am giving you an award for it. Please pop by and "grab" it from me. :) Hope you had a FAB day! :)

    kar xxx

  3. Lovely photo, what a cutie!
    Followed your link to the cowboy bedroom, OMG wonderful.
    I love the whole cowboy thing but didn't want to go down the whole CK route. We have a few bits and i'd love to get my little man the bedding eventually but don't want to overload.
    You've given me some great ideas, thank you!
    Take care
    Beki xxx

  4. Love the photo!! thats a good one x

  5. Cute pic...wonderful bag just so amazing at doing them!
    The room looks darling!xx

  6. The Munchkin is a lucky boy to have a room like that. I bet he can't wait to get down to the cottage to play in it!

  7. I am the same as you Hen, behind in my awards and tags! I like your complicated system you have devised, must get on to it! Rachaelxo

  8. That's a brilliant photo,Hen!!
    Looks like your son is having a fine old time ;-)

  9. I should have been sensible and put the real 4th photo which was in Petes file...a trip to Germany with school, but Teena persuaded me to put some mad ones in to make her everyone has seen the real I have now gone back to being sensible...I dont want to frighten people off....

  10. Munchkins cowboyt hemed room is wonderful - love the weekend bag too - well done on making it!

  11. I love this photo, It reminds me so much of my Harry when he was little..a trip to Tescos all those years ago was the norm with H in his 'Woody' costume!
    That weekend bag is fabulous Hen!

  12. love Munchkin's room, but not nearly as much as someone else here does. Think I might have made a rod for my own back by showing my son your piccies - he's declared it the coolest bedroom ever! I suspect I'm going to be getting few requests over the next couple of days....

  13. Hello,
    I'm a newbie to your blog, my son would love a cowboy bedroom, I might have to get my sewing machine, (and that gorgeous ck cowboy wallpaper),unless you do commissions!!

  14. Hi Hen,

    Thank you! That means a lot coming from the queen of the sewing machine! :-) It's my first go at making an egg cosy. I think I know how I can do it better next time. I hope to run off a few in the week.

    I love rice pudding, I love the fact that it only takes 5 mins to prepare and tastes so good! I hope you've had a good weekend and look forward to your next post!

    Sian x

  15. YeeHah! That dude is so CUTE! t.x


You are warmly encouraged to leave a comment here. Your comments are emailed directly to me so rest assured I read and treasure every one. Thank you for supporting my blog with your comment. X