Thursday, 19 March 2009

Just a Quickie

Hello everyone.  There just aren't enough hours in the day at this time of year, are there?  I've been keeping busy, buying seeds to get on with the kitchen garden and of course, a spot of sewing and crochet.

More pretty brooches are in my shop.  Went a bit BRIGHT with the colours of these ones. Tried out a new garland design which has allowed me to add some pretty flower-shaped buttons I bought in Liberty.  I'm not sure you're going to be quite so dotty about them as you have been about the hearts but we'll see!




(Check out the sunshine in that photo!)


And I've also produced this vintage-inspired beauty...








The fabric is Cath Kidston's newest design, the usual fabulous vintage inspiration combined with gorgeous modern colours that we have come to love her for.  With contrasting hot pink binding and cute polka dot pockets, it's just the ticket for looking your vintage domestic goddess best whilst going about a gentle flicking of the feather duster.  She's waiting patiently for action here!

Have a lovely day, enjoy the sunshine...

23 comments:

  1. That apron is too die for-literally wouldn't want to get dust on that!!!

    Emma :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really lovely Hen..I would have to hang it somewhere very 'prominent' in my kitchen!!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the new round brooch, it looks so pretty. That apron is great too :)

    Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooooooooo that apron is gorgeous ! so worth the effort :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Hen I love the apron. You are so clever. Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOooohhhh thats lovely Hen!

    Hope your enjoying the sun!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those brooches area delight as is the apron

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are soooooo talented!!

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. They all look absolutely fab!
    Sarah
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. simply gorgeous. Far too lovely to spoil doing dusting or chores in. Perfect for channelling that 50s perfect housewife vibe though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The apron is far too pretty to actually do any housework in! Can't we just wear it & look decorative instead?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everytime such a pleasure when I find a new post of your blog. These colored photos, fabrics and all the other wonderful things I find there make me so happy. Thanks a lot!
    Many greetings
    Gisela

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the design of the new garland brooch. I also very much like the vintage inspired apron. It is so feminine. It puts the tea-towel aprons I last blogged about to shame!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous apron! Very, pretty and flattering, and wonderful colours!
    *smiles* ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Theres an award for you on my blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your brooches and apron are gorgeous, Hen...just really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely, you are clever! Rachaelxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh I love the colours in everything, so lovely and cheery!
    Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your Bright and breezy blog. I discovered only a little while back when I knew nothing about blogs or blogging. I didn't even know how to leave a comment! I can be a bit shy like that anyway. Eventualy I did leave one on the post about your lovely crochet rolls, and blow me in a bout of absent mindedness I went and commented on the same post today. Shows I must really love those crochet rolls :o). I think you make really lovely, super things. Am saving up my pennies now. And I just love the way you write. often witty, often touching and always inspiring.
    Thankyou Hen
    xx
    Love
    Sumea

    ReplyDelete

You are warmly encouraged to leave a comment here. Your comments are emailed directly to me so rest assured I read and treasure every one. Thank you for supporting my blog with your comment. X