Tuesday, 23 June 2009

And so we're back...

...but not from outer space, (as the words of the song go)! ("I Will Survive", of course.)  Everyone all right?  I hope so, I hope you've all had lovely weekends too. 

But where are we back from then, with Mr HH another year older (but annoyingly, still with very little grey on his curly head)?  Well, it was unbelievably hot (too hot, dare I say, at 38 degrees) but beautifully sunny all day, dusty, sometimes a bit malodorous, busy, hectic, frenetic, noisy, bustly (I think I invented that word), BUT fabulous, unique, interesting, colourful, thrilling, and also (thank goodness) at times relaxing etc etc.  I could witter on (you know this).  Plenty of shopping, too (hooray!)

We've returned to a very busy week here at the HenHouse as something quite exciting is taking place on Friday (more of that another time) and we have all sorts of things to do to prepare for it.  So, for now, here is a little mosaic for you...

Oh my, what a place.  An unforgettable few days really.  I had to keep the destination a secret as Mr HH has been known to read my blog and he was kept in the dark right up until we arrived at the airport check-in desk.  Couldn't risk giving the game away!  But now you know, a very fabby few days were had in Marrakesh.  

Hopefully back soon!  

(Sorry if it takes me a while to get back to people's comments and emails, it may take a few days.)


  1. Welcome back home Hen!!!
    We missed you very much!
    Have you just got off from the magic carpet?!
    I take a wild guess..is it perhaps Marrakech or Tunisi?
    Thank you for sharing this lovely experience (in all respects!)
    Have a great week!

  2. I bet you both had a great time. Hope Mr HH enjoyed his birthday surprised. My husband birthday today, his surprise was lunch at the local Italian! Not a patch on your lovely weekend. Look forwar to hearing more about it, and the next excitng surprise takig place on Friday.

  3. pictures look AMAZING!

    never been to Marrakesh, bet it was fantastic!

    Rose XXX

  4. What fun! I love your collage! Can't wait to hear more about your adventures!

  5. How wonderful Hen, can't wait to hear all about it! Wishing Mr HH a belated Happy birthday too!
    Rachel x

  6. Welcome back! I'm glad to read that you had a wonderful time!


  7. Wow....what a super place to go! It is on my list of places as somewhere I would like to go so I am looking forward to seeing your photos! x

  8. Glad you had a good time and well done on keeping it a secret until the very end.

    Sue xx

  9. What an amazing present, cant wait to see the pictures....

  10. Hmm, really intrigued about what's happening on friday! :-) Hmmm, let me take a guess - I reckon you are having the house photographed for CL mag? :-) Am I close?

  11. Oh well done ... what a wonderful choice for a celebration.

    How I do want to visit Marrakech. For many years it has seemed such magical, colorful place with so much creative inspiration. And now I know of several folks who've either visited or actually lived there, so the lure is strengthened.

    I very much look forward to seeing more of your impressions. Think that I would want to stay there for a long, long time, but wonder if my dream will come true.


  12. That is one of the best things about living in the UK, you can just jet off for the weekend to somewhere wonderful. It takes us 24 hours not 4!!! It looks wonderful and I would loved to have seen the look on Mr. HH's face when you told him!!!

  13. Great collage! I'd guessed Casablanca so I was getting warm ... not as warm as you were though! Welcome home:)

  14. What a fab surprise!
    Looking forward to hearing and seeing more.
    Lisa x

  15. Oh Hen, what a wonderful birthday present...what a lucky man and well done for keeping it secret, I don't think I could have managed it.
    I have wanted to visit Marrakesh for years, is it as wonderful as it looks?..more piccies please!! Did you stay in a Riad? Oh, so many questions...you must tell us more when your week is a little less hectic.
    Jane. x

  16. Lucky you..it looks like a wonderful place.

  17. What a super surprise, so romantic and how did you manage to keep it secret??? Look forward to hearing more.
    Cal :>

  18. Hello Hen
    How romantic and such a wonderful idea. Mr Hen must have really appreciated that. I did something similar for Alan on our 1st wedding anniversary, it is so hard to keep it a secret!!! I almost gave the gave away on several occasions! Glad that you had a good time, exiting by the sound of it!
    Isabelle x

  19. Sounds like you had a great time, loving the pictures.
    What's happening on friday?? Do tell?? :)

  20. Glad you are all back safe and sound. What a super surprise for Mr. HH, he is really lucky. Can't wait to see what you bought on your shopping spree.
    Sandie at Rag Rescue

  21. Hello Hen! I love your blog.
    May I propose you to have some fun and let people know you better?
    (It seems to be a chain letter...)
    I'm asking you to name 6 uninmportant things that you love in a post.
    The rules are:
    Pick 6 uninmportant things you love, mention & link to the person who tagged you, tag 6 of your favourite bloggers to play along (don't forget to comment on their blog to let them know they've been tagged!).
    I hope you will join in and like it!
    Have a nice day!

  22. I've always wanted to visit marrakesh! Oooohhh, you lucky things! Those slippers look gorgeous in the mosaic.............. Looking forward to seeing more!
    Love Vanessa xxx (do you mind if i knit)


You are warmly encouraged to leave a comment here. Your comments are emailed directly to me so rest assured I read and treasure every one. Thank you for supporting my blog with your comment. X