Thursday, 30 July 2009

YAWN!



I do hope you won't find this post yawn-inspiring!  May I present my latest creation?  The sleepy owls.  When I was little, I used to love those soft, furry flanelette sheets (the Munchkin does now too).  A while back, I made the Munchkin an owl, I made it from flanelette and much cuddling later, "Baby Owl" is now looking quite sorry for herself but any offers to wash her are flatly refused!  I'm sure fellow parents will recognise this scenario.  And so, for maximum "cuddle-ability" I decided to use the flannelette again for these new little owls with sleepy eyes.  I also raided my recently purchased stash of divine 1930s style fabrics.  




I didn't use any buttons on these owls as buttons do present the possibility of a choking hazard for little people.  Of course, adults love owls too, as I found out when I met some of you at the V&H Fair!


Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...




Cheeky!  




I love choosing the combinations of fabrics and felts for each one.




One of my (other!) favourite bits is thinking up names for them all and faffing with bits of pretty cardstock, ribbons and letter stamps to make up name tags.  Ah yes, the child in me has never died!




The Sleepy Owls are quite cosy in my basket but are looking for lovely new homes here.

25 comments:

  1. Oooooh Hen!
    Now I'm in trouble...the choice was very hard among 3 owls..now they're 7!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're so sweet!I know what you mean about the beloved toys..my little one has 'pink bear' who is now rather grey!She dropped her at the V and H fair but luckily long suffering husband found it again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sleepy owls are great. I like the colour combinations you have used with MOLLY!!! I love coming up with names too. When I worked in an office many moons ago my friend and I used to come up with new names for lipsticks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How inventive! Bet they will sell well! Really stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh bless.....they are so sweet! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those OWLS are quite lovely. Everyone has a child in them.....I know I do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what cute owls!
    and i think it is fabulous that you give them all a name :-)

    Rose XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely Hen...cosy cute owls!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet, I don't know how you come up with so many different ideas. I note your interest in steam trains, have you been on the Romney, Hythe & Dymchurch Railway? We had a fab day at the weekend, have been meaning to do a post but not got round to it yet. Dev x

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are so sweet - what a lovely idea - they'll fly off the shelves!!

    Cal x

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are lovely owls - they would make a great new baby present!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Hen

    How lovely they are! You are so creative. I have just placed my order for one of them, fingers crossed!
    You must have had fun making them.
    Take care
    Isabelle x

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are so cute, I love the soft colours. Look forward to seeing them at the V&H fair.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh they're sweet and hilarious at the same time Hen!Their expressions are just wonderful, and I think you've got a smash hit toy on your hands. Brilliant!
    Love Vanessa xxx (do you mind if i knit)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you don't mind I've tagged you on my blog? Hope you will accept and join in!
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. The sleepy Owls are lovely and such a comfort cushion. I don't think I could resist giving them names either. Well, you have to have a bit of fun don't you.
    Adele

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sooooooooooooooooooo adorable!!!

    I did have a lovely time in London! I love everything about London.

    Have a lovely weekend love Lou xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. The most lovely things!!!!!!! \o/

    Please, visit my blog if you can!
    http://lellilu.blogspot.com

    Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh they're lovely, i really want one now!!! he he!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. They are lovely!
    I like the cheeky bottoms too!
    Love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. They're gorgeous! And with cheeky bums too! You're very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are so cute, i love the fabric you used for the owl's eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Hen!
    Just to inform you that Audrey has arrived safe in Epping this morning! Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete

You are warmly encouraged to leave a comment here. Your comments are emailed directly to me so rest assured I read and treasure every one. Thank you for supporting my blog with your comment. X