Saturday, 3 April 2010

I'm Leaving...

...on a jet plane, as the song goes. Yes, it's that time of year, time for the HenHouse gang to shut up shop and head off somewhere for a bit of sun, sand and all that.




The hat, the swimmers, the sandals, it's all ready. In fact, having yesterday and today to get ready has been a real luxury, no last minute flapping (yet!) Still anguishing over which crafty supplies to pack but I am narrowing it down, slowly but surely.




Oh how I am going to miss my marvellous Den though (and that furry inhabitant, Charlie Boy). The excitement and joy (and relief) of getting away is slightly tinged with sadness at leaving the HenHouse and its furry contingent behind.




Worry not though, the ever dependable Lola-the-cat-sitter shall be in residence for much spoiling and far too many treats, no doubt, and to keep a watchful eye on the homestead.





Not forgetting, of course, that it is finally Easter time. Bit of a let-down with the weather but never mind. Downstairs, there is a little basket of goodies waiting for the Munchkin...




...and there are a few decorations on the mantelpiece. The curly twig hazel tree in our cottage's garden was ever obliging with some fabby, twirly sticks for suspending a few goodies.




The Easter bunny has collected a few eggs and behind him, you might just spot my lily pad which the Munchkin made me at school. Awww, one to be treasured.




I'm sorry Jackie, it's nowhere near as exciting as the Christmas decorations, hope I didn't get your hopes up! I was going to make a wreath and all sorts but time just ran away. I was also going to show you more of my crafty makes but never mind, I know you're all busy munching eggs too and don't you worry, they'll still be here when we get back!




More excitement today, when we popped to Dulwich and happened to go into the marvellous sweetie shop Hope and Greenwood.





Oooh, too yummy! Everything they sell is packaged so beautifully.





What did we find, only all the Easter stock half price. Well, it would have been rude not to! Mr HH got the decidedly large (weighing 2.2kg!) jar of sugary eggs, his favourites, I got the beautifully patterned bunny.




So, my dear friends, all that remains is to thank you for travelling on this blogging journey with me thus far this year and to wish you and all those you hold near and dear, a very...





...HAPPY EASTER!

See you in a while...

41 comments:

  1. Oooh all those little eggs in that HUGE jar!!

    Have a lovely holiday.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hen, I am not disappointed - your decorations look lovely - thank you so much for indulging me! I wish you all a very happy holiday, and a wonderful Easter - Lulu and I look forward to hearing all about it when you are back!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Easter goodies!! Have a fabulous holiday!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter Hen. I hope you have a lovely break. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a fabulous holiday Hen!
    Are you taking your crochet?
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful holiday. Hope we will see some photos when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter and have a lovely holiday!
    Vivienne :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty post! Love the header photo. Happy Easter and Happy Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As usual you blog is really beautiful, have a really good holiday. Happy Easter.
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a lovely holiday. hope your weather will be better than it is here!
    Love Kathy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely colourful post. Have a great holiday...Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a lovely Holiday!
    Love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Easter decorations are lovely! I hope you have a great holiday! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a wonderful holiday, happy Easter xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. i am loving that huge jar of mini eggs.. they are so moreish so i think id be dangerous if i had that!!!
    have a great hols.. oo somwere warm you wont know yourself after coming from here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh I love your decorating, those twirly twigs are just gorgeous, I need one of those trees...do you suppose they grow in Australia? Must look into it.
    Enjoy your holiday and thanks for sharing those Easter treats, they look so tasty and best thing at all, they will not make me gain weight just looking at them!
    Chocolate Kiss Noises Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Easter!!! Enjoy your holiday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have a grand time away from home. Surely you all will have lots of fun, and you will find some new inspiration that will lead to all sorts of creativity upon your return.

    Your Easter decorating and baskets and candy, and, and, and ... are terrific.

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Easter Hen, hope you and your family has a lovely holiday! Becca

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wishing you a very "Hoppy Easter" and ejoy your holiday.Lucey xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Easter...have a lovely time :) x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Hen

    Happy Easter to you all. Have a fantastic holiday! No doubt we'll be seeing some beautiful photos on your return. look forward to seeing them.

    Take care
    Isabelle x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Have a lovely holiday!x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi, Happy Easter! Loved the decorations. Have a good holiday.
    Love Lesley XX

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Easter Hen and all Hen Housers!

    Lovely Eastery Header!

    Have a magical holibobs, see you when you get back,

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Easter. Have a lovely holiday X

    ReplyDelete
  27. lovely post/pics....have a nice holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Have a wonderful holiday Hen, looks like you're going to be very glamorous in that cosie and those beautiful, beautiful shoes. I LOVE those shoes! And is that a strawberry shaped fan I spy? How marvellous! Hope and Greenwood products are fab aren't they. Have a wonderful time on your hols, and looking forward to 'seeing' you on your return. Love Vanessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Have a lovely holiday. Is that a Boden swimsuit - looks lovely
    I look foward to reading you great blog when you return. Also love the blog Easter header and pics
    Best wishes
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oooh Hen what a delicious looking Eatser you've been having. Good thing I live so far away from Hope & Greenwood is all I can say,

    Do hope you're having a wonderful time soaking up the sun somewhere divine. Looking forward to seeing/hearing about your hols when you return. We miss you!

    Love Stephx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Have a wonderful trip and come home to your Easter decs. bet all the chocs have gone.

    ReplyDelete
  32. We just came back from our holidays.In England!
    I hope you will have good holidays too.
    You talked about sun and sand. Are you coming to Portugal?
    Alfazema

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, what a lot in one post! Hope your Easter and vacation were everything you hoped for.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love your Easter decorations--nothing over the top just good old fashioned "eye candy". I am curious about your bunny---I'm guessing that it's from scrapbooking paper or cardstock, is there a chance that you could share a template with us? I love it and would like to make a few, but am having trouble finding a template online & my drawing skill are horrible! Love you blog & visit at least once a week if not more! tsjjcoy@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I hope you have a wonderful trip! I love your bunnies that you've posted a couple of times with your Easter decor. Could you share a template with us? I've tried looking for one to use on the internet but they're just not quite right. Thank you! tsjjcoy@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your Easter looks wonderful - everything looks so pretty and that isn't easy to find anymore. Love your Easter tree. Hope you don't miss those furry friends too much and have a lovely break. See you soon.
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hope you have a wonderful Easter hols...looking forward to reading all about it when you get back!

    Bellaboo :0)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I keep checking back for a new helping of eye candy from your wonderful blog and am hoping for your sake that your absence does not mean you are caught up in a delay of volcanic proportions...

    ReplyDelete
  39. I was just missing reading your blog Hen, and wondering how you and Mr.Hen and the Munchkin are coping with the air strike, which I imagine you will be caught up in???!!! Hope you all return home safely (and soon!!!).Love and best wishes, Wendy {:0)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love LOVE your sitting room - is that a little decopatch I spy behind the chair in the fireplace? What a lovely mosaic, very inspiring.
    x

    ReplyDelete

You are warmly encouraged to leave a comment here. Your comments are emailed directly to me so rest assured I read and treasure every one. Thank you for supporting my blog with your comment. X