Wednesday, 5 May 2010

Business Expenses?

So did you buy anything for yourself from that marvellous Vintage and Handmade Fair, Hen, I hear you ask.

Now I know I said I have trouble buying things at the Fair and I really do as I do not have the luxury of time to dwell and ponder purchases but fabric, well that's different, isn't it? If I didn't have fabric, I wouldn't be able to make anything. Then I wouldn't be able to sell anything, would I? Which means I couldn't buy the fabric? Following this? Me neither.


But quite obviously, I made a beeline for the stalls which had fabric. Fabric of the luscious, rare, beautiful and vintage variety. Donna Flower, oh yes, she was wandering off in the hall herself, that naughty lady, but came back to find me ransacking her beautifully laid out stall.




Well blow me if Sal Snippets didn't have oddles of yummy feedsack fabrics on her stall, too. Lots of pretty rosey prints. So a little pile of those was stashed behind her stall, too, with a promise that if I actually sold anything and had some money, I'd come back to pay later on. Phew!





As if that wasn't enough, there was a large piece of very pretty floral fabric on Lizzie's stall that I needed too. There it is under a lovely vintage book I bought from Jayne. Sorry it is very dishevelled but at the time of taking the photo yesterday, we were having a power cut so I couldn't iron it (always distressing when I am unable to iron, such a joyous pastime).





So, along with some lovely vintage buttons from Leonore, that was my legitimate business shopping done. So one last little treat for me, for all that hard work...

I couldn't resist this gorgeous tea cosy from Amanda's lovelies. Amanda, the Shabby Chick, (her words, not mine, she is in fact always immaculately turned out) customarily has a stall groaning with beautiful vintage items at Totnes market on Fridays.





Oh yes, you look so at home in my cosy cottage, you lovely little tea cosy, you.





Every time I go to the cottage, I forget to take the correct colours of yarn to make a little cover for that glass jar, Lucy style. One day...


Finally, completely unrelated I know, but it's rare I get my beautiful black furry friend in front of the camera. It's simply the price he has to pay for mummy arriving back from her Maldivian holiday to find a kitty bed has been made in her chair with its cosy vintage blanket and precious vintage and hand crocheted cushions!





I'm none too chuffed you're taking that photo, mummy.

Now that is cosy!

31 comments:

  1. I am incredibly jealous of your your fabric purchases! I wonder what your plans for them are! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love vintage fabrics!!! Problem is I can't bring myself to cut into them... I love just looking at them. and the lace and buttons I also collect!

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hen

    It was great to meet you saturday, looks like you had no trouble with purchases LOL!

    Wouldnt it be great to be able to rummage through the fabrics all on your own!

    Hope you enjoyed your holiday in the Maldives? I went a couple of years ago and loved it.

    Get on with the patchworking girl!

    Clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hen

    It was great to meet you saturday, looks like you had no trouble with purchases LOL!

    Wouldnt it be great to be able to rummage through the fabrics all on your own!

    Hope you enjoyed your holiday in the Maldives? I went a couple of years ago and loved it.

    Get on with the patchworking girl!

    Clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flippin' good job you sold some of your goodies,Mrs!!
    Do you eat fabric for your dinner? ;-)
    Glad you had the time to find some lovely things!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so overwhelmed by the fabric I failed to buy any :-( I had a habit of buying it, stashing it and then never knowing what to do with it, so got out of the habit. I may just have to start buying again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These all look like perfectly reasonable business expenses to me!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to have you back from island life - always love seeing the your wonderful vintage finds! G

    ReplyDelete
  9. The fabrics are beautiful, I think I would also have trouble cutting them up!!!
    I love the tea cosy, looks great in your cottage, and Vorey looks very cosy on your chair, what a gorgeous cat!
    Linda O

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Hen, I so wanted to join you, but it wasn't to be this year, sadly!
    Your haul looks beautiful as always, I hope you had a wonderful day?

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a handsome chap your beautiful black furry friend is!! :) Nice fabric too!
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely fabrics.
    Lovely teacosy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such lovelies - I wish I could come to one of these fairs - I think some holiday planning for next year might be in order ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabrics and T cosy...WOW!!...and can I send my (ever growing) pile of ironing over to you! hee,hee.

    Bellaboo ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful fabric - can't wait to see what you create from them (if you can bear to cut them up that is!)
    Love the tea cosy too: it's just perfect for your cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ohhhh... love the fabrics finds! I can't wait till November to rummage at the Fair!

    Sadie at Flea xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so jealous! Those are wonderful finds! I hope you made out well at your booth...apparently well enough to pick up some goodies! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh such divine-ness! I want I want!x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved the pictures in this post Hen.....Pickles says hi to your kitty!xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another great fair day, wasn't it?
    Lovely to you and your little H is soooo sweet...he loved my little patchwork patches box...think he's catching the bug from you maybe?!
    So pleased that you love your cottage teacosy...hours of work in that one!
    Hope to see you in Totnes over the Summer!
    Thanks and best wishes...
    Amanda (Shabby Chick) xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. The fabric finds are super pretty!!!!
    Happy Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Hen,The fabrics are beautiful!
    I love to follow your great blog.
    There are so many beautiful things to see!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Hen
    It was lovely to see you, Mr HH and Munchkin at the fair.
    I had a lovely time there, I always do!
    You can always count on Donna's stall for beautiful fabrics. Sal's sack feed fabrics were really pretty.

    I love cottage tea cosy!

    Hope it was a successful fay for you. I look forward to the July one.

    Warm wishes
    Isabelle x

    ReplyDelete
  24. fabric heaven- and one rather unamused cat!
    purrfect pics
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Some lovely purchases Hen, I should've got there earlier!
    So nice to see your black pussy cat...a rare treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. My heart melts for these pieces of fabric...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Totally justifiable business expenses. You couldn't make anything without all those delicious fabrics. I always tell my OH 'you can't sell from an empty chest' when he sees me dragging in yet more fabrics and trying to stuff them into an overstuffed room!

    Had a lovely chat to Mr HH and the lovely Munchkin, such nice boys :-)

    See you again really soon. The textile fair will be here before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you for sharing all of your goodies. It will be wonderful to see what you make with them!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lots of lovely fabrics: happy sewing!

    Shirl x

    ReplyDelete
  30. I want to live in your teacosy. I think there are hollyhocks in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Well you have to buy your fabric somewhere, and it looks like you went to the best place. I am sure you are busy with ideas already!
    hugs
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

You are warmly encouraged to leave a comment here. Your comments are emailed directly to me so rest assured I read and treasure every one. Thank you for supporting my blog with your comment. X