Monday, 29 November 2010

The Vintage and Handmade Fair

Hello readers, here I am bright and breezy after a marvellous weekend. Hope you had a good one too and if you came to the Vintage and Handmade Fair, I'm pretty certain you would have! It was another great fair, extremely busy with eager shoppers, lots of fellow bloggers and stall holders to have a natter with and of course, gorgeous things to buy (did I mention scrumptious handmade cakes to munch?) It was a bumper fair with 40ish stalls, there was so much on offer all of which was extremely covetable! Here is the main hall, ready to open for business...





Coming on a tour round all the fab stalls then? Here's Gertie's stall, look at that great vintage pram...





Sue's gorgeous fabrics and haberdashery (Sue writes the Vintage to Victorian blog and can be found at Dairy House Antiques, too)...





Pretty fabric bundles at The Sea Garden...





Beautiful hand crafted items by Viv of Hen's Teeth (I treated myself to a gorgeous handmade felt brooch made by Viv)...





Scrumptious fabrics from Sal's Snippets (couldn't resist some goodies from here)...





Lovely vintage Christmas items on Fair organiser Michele's (Cowboys and Custard) stall...





Oh-so-cute vintage furry friends, also on Michele's stall, which were very popular and have been happily re-homed...





Fair organiser Jayne's (Country Cottage Chic) stand groaning with seriously desirable vintage items...





Out into the front lounge area, Tracy and Michael (The Vintage Bothy) had a lovely display...





Oooh, it could only be the wonderful Donna Flower with her gorgeous stall looking very Christmassy. Did I shop here? You bet I did!





Donna also had this beautiful quilt on display...





Scrumptious Christmas items were on offer here...





Beautiful vintage linens here...





These could only be Nicky's (The Vintage Magpie) brilliant handiwork...





Clare (Daisy Darling) brought a selection of her stunning handmade hats and hair accessories...








Lesley from the brilliant Totnes shop "This 'n' That" also had a stall at the fair and had some seriously cute vintage children's toys and books...





Last but not least, I probably don't need to say much about this pink stall, do I?!








The dolly bunk beds have gone off to a fabulous new home, hidden away until 25th December...











One pink crib was re-homed, also tucked away for the big day, this lovely large-sized rocking crib is hopefully looking for a little girl to play with it (available at £95, pick up from London or South Somerset/West Dorset or somewhere in between!)...











Some of my quilts are also looking for new homes to help dispel this nasty Winter chill! (Pretty in Pink £140 - SOLD - thank you), Dutch Windmills available at £145, (Christmas Quilt £125 - NOW SOLD, thank you), Calico Country £130 - SOLD, many thanks). I slept with one of mine on my bed last night, umm cosy!





Awww, here's my lovely man who did a fab job for me.





Phew! I am still on a high from this super duper day. Several customers were kind enough to remark that my goodies "look even more lovely in real life" (!) and indeed, the real pleasure in the Fair for me is to get out from behind the computer or sewing machine and really meet people. To see and hear their reaction to my work was such a pleasure. Thanks to those of you who stopped to chat and were so kind, you really made the day for me. And now, I had better get on with tidying away and snapping some of my lovely items which are now available to those of you who couldn't make it to the Fair itself. If you are interested in any of my items and would like more details on any of them, feel free to get in touch (henpinn@hotmail.co.uk).

If you missed this Fair, it's time to get plotting to visit the next one which will take place on Saturday 9 April 2011. Please visit the Vintage and Handmade site for more details and also to find a listing of all the stall holders at yesterday's Fair with links to their online blogs/shops. Well done Jayne and Michele, you excelled yourself again, a very big thank you for the privilege of taking part in this extremely special event.

21 comments:

  1. ** how wonderful **
    your pretty things shined through!
    such a lovely fair...each year i keep trying to get there...must go in April ;0)...Thanks for the guided tour was really lovely to look at all the vintage delights and festive finds ;0) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stall really looked fabulous- the best I think! Those people who say stuff looks even better in reality are right- however lovely the photos, fabric just has to seen and felt.Brilliant, no wonder you are thrilled with the way it went.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This fair looks like so much fun. Your stall looks fantastic. Lucky, the little girls who have the bunk beds and crib waiting for them:) I know someone in Australia who would love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great day,what a shame I missed it !!O noticed teh announcement just now on your blog on the side- :-((

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wasn't it a wonderful day? I adore my hottie cover, oooh did I just say 'my'? It was supposed to be a present for someone, how did that happen?!!

    Lovely to see you all yesterday. I could take that little H of yours home, he is truly scrumptious. Thank him again for my sweetie won't you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad it all went well. I'm going to put 9th April on the calendar and defy husband to have some other event that day - it's my turn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wish i could have been there - the vintage and handmade fair is a lovely one.

    I was selling at a fair in Leigh that weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Hen, it all looks pretty wonderful in your photos, especially that very pretty pink stall and Mr. H. in his fab jumper.
    Wish it was nearer. Still you never know, one day I might get there.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhhh what a lovely blog and lovely ideas
    I love patchwork and I did
    best wishes from Turkey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your wonderful photos make it "almost" as good as being there would be ... alas I'm across the pond and then some. But I'm drooling over your booth filled with such beautiful items. You are truly gifted! Bess

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was lovely to have you all there again....so pleased your lovely dolly beds found an appreciative new home!
    Thanks to Mr HH also for topping up the kitchen supplies!

    Jayne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that looks like one super duper fair beautiful things to much infact to take in all in one go i had to read your post a few times ;-)) What a lovely day out and all the hard work payed off everything looked amazing well done to you all. Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  13. glad it all went so well - you have worked so hard

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mum and I really enjoyed the fair, it was so much more than we expected, we spent the whole day perusing and reminising, it was fabulous. Thanks to you that we went as I've been following your gorgeous blog for some time, and was so excited that I would get to see your beautiful handmade goodies in the 'flesh'. Your stall was absolutely amazing, a wash with colour and each item perfectly made and so prettily displayed. Violet the owl has settled in well, although my 5yr old daughter has her eye on it! Hope the Munchkin gets his christmas owl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bravo! The fair surely does look to have been a great success. Even with all that snowfall waiting in the wings.

    Yes, I can imagine how great it is to actually meet folks who've been following your creative adventures on their computer screens.

    Continued success to you, Hen. xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think we should enrol you as our PR agent Hen.. Your photos did wonderful justice to the colours and atmosphere of the fair. It was a lovely day and thank you for being a valued part of it once again.
    Lovely to see the HenHouse family as stylish as ever... Loved the pinny!!!!

    Michele xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Hen

    Lovely to see you all again. Mr HH told me he found a photo of Dairy House when it was a dairy. Would much appreciate you letting me know the title of the book etc as I can't remember what he said!!!

    Sadly won't be at the April V&H as the DH Textile/Costume Day is the following day so I'll be busy making preparations for that.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I am glad your stall was successful, it all looked so nice1 You must have had a delightful day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wasn't it a fab day! Great photos, I failed miserably on this one as the flash doesn't work on my camera.. grrrrr Lizzie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love, love, love the pink cribs! They are soooo gorgeous and cute. Whoever receives this is one lucky girl :-).

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a shame Kelly & I missed out this year it looks wonderful as usual,

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete

You are warmly encouraged to leave a comment here. Your comments are emailed directly to me so rest assured I read and treasure every one. Thank you for supporting my blog with your comment. X