Thursday, 10 March 2011

I Can't Stop

Goodness me, there could be a lot of answers to that title, couldn't there? But for now, it's "I can't stop making pretty brooches".

These are a take on the cameo brooches I showed you in my last post, inspired by delicious Spring colours, with lots of little hand cut felt flowers and leaves.

Still loving the gilt frame and quilt patches vintagey combo.

More beautiful vintage fabrics on the back. Such a joy to work with these gorgeous materials.

These Spring Cameo brooches can be found awaiting lovely new owners in my Etsy shop. (Feel free to contact me if you prefer to buy direct.)


  1. oh my. oh my!!!! they really are beautifully -Splendid! hehe ;0)
    oh im in love with them ;0)x

  2. More springness! They are all lovely and look so neat and well made.

  3. Stop giving me the wanties! ;0) x

  4. Beautiful brooches Hen, they really are special.

  5. They're lovely! Very spring-y!

  6. Lovely spring colours and I should imagine so very much quicker than your usual makes.

  7. What is the secret to sewing such neat words? Whenever I sew letters no bod can read them. Although in fairness they can't read my writing either! Love your latest makes and am very, very envious of the stash of quilted fabric.
    I'll be in touch with the date for our Autumn fair - hope you can make it. LLX

  8. What fabulous brooches.......perfect for a special summer outfit.

    Lovely interesting blog.


  9. They are pretty. I love working with felt - think it's combining all the colours and hand sewing that's so enjoyable.

  10. Ooooh they're simply lovely. Such bright and happy colours and fabric, it's easy to get addicted to making them.

    Have a happy weekend!

    Ruby x

  11. These are so pretty and very spring-like. They have just the right amount of jauntiness to adorn a vintage jacket.

  12. Love those brooches, the flowers are so tiny and the backs are as nice as the fronts. I'm going for a browse around your shop, Lucey xx

  13. Thanks for your quick delivery of the lovely brooches I purchased.I bought one for me and one for a friend but now I have to make the decision............ !!!


You are warmly encouraged to leave a comment here. Your comments are emailed directly to me so rest assured I read and treasure every one. Thank you for supporting my blog with your comment. X