Monday, 5 December 2011

Christmas Vintage and Handmade Fair


Here we are another Monday, another week and fewer than three weeks until Christmas. Aaarrgghh! Thank you for your messages of support in advance of Saturday's super Vintage and Handmade Fair, it was a really good day. I thought you might like to share the day in snaps...

Here is the front lounge area and you can see the doors where some keen folk were huddled ready to be allowed in. It was a bright but quite chilly day. There are quite a lot of stalls in this area too so shoppers can get at it as soon as they are inside!






Here is Donna Flower's gorgeous stall, groaning with fabric goodies of the best variety. The one thing I can say looking back at my photos today is that I'm now so sorry I felt too jaded on Saturday to do much shopping for myself (just a few baubles and a couple of pieces of fabric). I think we could do with leaving everything in situ for the Sunday! I'm now looking at my photos and spotting gorgeous covetable items that I missed on the day. Grrrr.





Stephen and Judy always amass a lovely collection of vintage collectables; the colours are delightful, as you can see.






Woo's handmade creatures looked so cute.






Jo had some beautiful and unusual items on her stall which were beautifully displayed, I spent some time admiring the antique quilt used as a table covering. Wish I'd bought the little mannequin, Jo!





Here is a view of the main hall just after the doors had opened to the public. The fair attracted many visitors.





Viv had a lovely selection of her handmade bags and brooches.





Oooh, I thought this lady's needle felted work was wonderful. I didn't actually get to chat to her and I don't even know her name so if you are out there or somebody knows, please feel free to add your details in the comments.









The Fair extended upstairs and the ladies from the WI were in charge of cakes and teas this time.






The window alcove was the perfect spot for all Niki's beautiful dolls and angels.






Back downstairs, if you were thinking the fair is just for ladies, well you're wrong. Take a look at this rabble of fine specimens (hiding in the corner!) Mr HenHouse certainly made the effort with his finest vintage clobber.






After that very early 5am start, the Munchkin was most intent on refuelling!






Next door to us, who did we find but Sal and her better half, the dashing Mr Snippets. What a photogenic chap, quite eclipsing Sal's fabulous vintage fabrics!






Finally, here are my goodies amongst their customarily pink set up.














Please feel free to visit my well stocked Etsy store if you see anything you'd like to purchase from afar or contact me direct if you prefer. This week sees the last guaranteed Christmas dates for overseas posting. I will be adding more to my Etsy shop through the week but it's quite a deathly job so please bear with me!






*************************************************************************************

By the way, Sal has written up a super post about the day over on her blog.

For details of all the other talented stall holders, please find details over on the V&H blog.

18 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a super time on Saturday. I certainly did
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to be in your company on Saturday...Fab photo of Mr Snippets!!
    ;-)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a lot of gorgeousness!
    I love how those needle felted dogs look up at you with their appealing eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it all looks fab once again I wish I able to make it! Only twenty days now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great fair, wish I could have made it, I love the felted work especially the rabbit sitting knitting, what a clever lady she is.
    Have a good week don't work to hard.
    Jillx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh damn! It looks as good, if not better than I thought it would... all those things I've missed ho hum. I'm quite taken with the rabbit or hare who's knitting - it's amazing!
    Glad you had a good time. You must be shattered now.
    Ellie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could have been there.What a hall of goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Hen,
    A wonderful capsule of the day!
    Love your photos...and thank you for the mention...your photo of my stall is much better than mine...I shall have to add a link to you on my recent post!
    Good luck with all that listing in your on-line shop!
    Niki :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks absolutely amazing, sounds like you all had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely array of goodies, wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing fair, some beautiful items to encourage the emptying of purses!
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was lovely to say 'Hello' to you, Mr. HenHouse and The Munchkin, who I hope wasn't distracted too much from the homework by the hustle and bustle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOooo Hen!

    This looks awesome! I would so have loved to have been there! Thankyou for showing us all, I think you have the best photos too!

    It's nice to see Mr Henhouse and Munchkin looking happy and with smiley faces.....even at a crafty vintage fair ;o)

    Have a lovely week Hen, and good luck with your listing my dear.

    Take care Hen,
    Love Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great-those needlefelt animals are wondrous.
    Listing on etsy/folksy...saps the will to live way faster than so many other activities.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pics and nice to see your lovely menfolk all dressed up. I always like to see pics of you too in your pretty vintage outfits - any to follow?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Hen
    It was great to catch up with you on Saturday and have a natter. I wish I had had more time to go round all those gorgeous stands. The lady who was doing the needle felting was called Jenny Oliver, if you type in www.jennyoliver.co.uk it will lead you to her Etsy shop. I agree, her handmade items were fantastic. I am always in awe of the talented folk that stand at the V&H. Have a great week.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's so nice and comforting to be popping in on you Hen, and what a great post to greet me! Your stall looks fabulous, I have to say, and the little dolls bed and beautiful patchwork cushions are quite simply heavenly. That's a serious fair you were attending there Hen, the other stalls look so fantastic and professional, and I tried not to look at the photos too hard, because there'll be things I want but can't have! Love the lady's felted animals all dressed up, aren't they wonderful! You look like you've been working really hard to produce a lot of wonderful things Hen, well done and marvellous. And your lovely boys look SPLENDID in their Fair Isles. Love Vanessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great photos Hen - I didn't have a chance to look round much but I agree the needle felted creations were lovely. There was lots of super things there as usual!

    ReplyDelete

You are warmly encouraged to leave a comment here. Your comments are emailed directly to me so rest assured I read and treasure every one. Thank you for supporting my blog with your comment. X