Monday, 9 April 2012

Easter Fun

Well, there's just time for a last minute post to record our Easter for 2012. It's been a rare treat to have four days at home to just kick back and relax and generally get ourselves organised. As we were at home for the Easter weekend, it was worth getting out the Easter decorations, not that we have many, and making a little effort at some seasonal fun decorating.


How do you like my new (old) furry friend. I found this lonely orphaned lamb at the Nostalgic Mix Fair in Totnes and home he came where I treated him to a cute velvet ribbon. Isn't he lovely? Some of his mohair fur is like new, other patches are delightfully threadbare. He's been gracing my Bagpuss table this Easter and is one item I won't be packing away now the celebrations are over.








The kitchen became the focal point for decorations while our family room is still out of action as the building works continue (if I can say "continue" given the infrequency with which the builders turn up to work)! All of the flowers and blossom came from our garden; it was a joy to be able to head out in the sunshine and snip a little posy for free.








It was brought home to me what fun it is to have youngsters around at this time of year. The Munchkin came home with this fab gift he had made for me. Contained in the egg he had decorated was this little Easter garden, complete with wooden cross and stamped out bunny and flowers, and the added surprise that the watered compost sprung up a lawn of cress! He also made a super poster with a picture of his version of a Faberge egg (you might just see it stuck up on the shutters in the photo above). I'll keep these, minus the cress, and bring them out each year. I'm acutely aware that he is getting older and it wont be long before he's not interested in this sort of crafty endeavour. Sigh.







We've also had fun in the kitchen, baking a Simnel cake, the Munchy rolling the marzipan balls which ended up startlingly huge. Very fat apostles. He really likes just eating all the marzipan trimmings! He was most interested in the choccy Easter nests which were pretty yummy, I admit.






We had a scrumptious roast for lunch on Easter Sunday so I put just a few decorations up in the dining room. Hmm, maybe I will get some more for next year.









Well readers it's time to love you and leave you while we have a little break. In protest, Jacky-Ginge is staging a sit-in on my new beach bag. Naughty tom. Especially as he knows he'll be thoroughly spoiled by our house sitter!







I hope you enjoyed a wonderful Easter. See you soon... xxx

21 comments:

  1. Gosh that table looks tempting! I think I eat more at Easter than I do at Christmas.
    Love the eggy garland over your mirror.
    Have a fab break. Bet those furries will be spoilt rotten.
    Ellie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your vintage lamb! What a wonderful find. I wouldn't want to pack him up with the other Easter decorations, either! Many blessings to you and your family this Easter season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely pics as always ,your cats are adorable ,have a lovely holiday xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh your table of Easter goodies looks lovely. Im with the Munchkin, eating the marzipan trimmings - Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dear Hen, What a darling little antique lamb! I like it very much and he is lovely! I would leave him out year round too! I am glad you had a wonderful Easter holiday. Your home is gorgeous!!! I love all of your beautiful Easter decorations and the food looks so yummy! The gifts your son made for you are beautiful and such treasures!!! He is a sweet, happy boy! Jacky-ginge is adorable and looks like he owns your beach bag! I am glad you have such a good house sitter! Take care! xo~ Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little lamb is a velvetine lamb, on his way to being loved real by the looks of him. So sweet, and your little guys egg...how beautiful is that? A real Easter tresure!

    Have fun-
    Tig

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an Easter feast!!! Have a fab holiday :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm loving your Easter display and that lovely cake your blogg is lovely and colourful and your fabric stash is mighty impressive to say the least!!!! i would love to get my hands on that . your cottage is oh so sweet, happy tuesday pippax

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute Lamb. Wonderful Easter goodies. Munchkin is very talented.
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a very impressive Simnel cake!
    Aah,sweet little lamb...glad he can stay with you all year,not just for Easter.
    Hope you all have a lovely break,and have lots of fun! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The table looks scrummy - and I love the egg garland on the mirror :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your break-time does indeed fly by when the children are young,though my grown-up girl still likes an egg hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely decorations, the little lamb is just wonderful.
    Have a lovely holiday.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am loving your blog. The colors of your homes are so cheerful and uplifting! Thank you for sharing what you do with us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Easter decorations and your Simnel Cake is amazing - those Apostles are epic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Easter at your house looks a real treat! As always its lovely to read your blog. (I've just added a post about a vintage tea room which I think would be just your cuppa tea!)
    www.arobellacreations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello! Brought back memories to me seeing little Larry Lamb I had one just like him) soo sweet...Wanted to say Thank you as i purchased a sweet cluth purse from you Hen about a month ago...Its soo lovely!! Hope your day is of the lovely kind!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow your celebratory food looks amazing! Hope you enjoyed eating it after the hard work you must have put in making it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you have a lovely
    Break, fliss xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your home at easter!! what a gorgeous lay out for a table! Especially love your lamb! A x

    ReplyDelete

You are warmly encouraged to leave a comment here. Your comments are emailed directly to me so rest assured I read and treasure every one. Thank you for supporting my blog with your comment. X