Thursday, 13 December 2012

Let there be Light!

I've been at it again with the patchworking, this time in combination with lampshades.



I chose ten pretty fabrics, mainly 1930s-'40s inspired, and quite a few of the new Cath Kidston cottons.  I am so glad she has finally brought out some more haberdashery weight fabrics in pretty colours.   Maybe our chat when she admired my patchwork bag did the trick!


You can see them all when the shade is upside down.


Pretty when lit too.


Other than that, there's also been some more felty stuff going on.  I was lucky enough to source some more vintage stamens at the weekend, lovely ones with pearlescent finishes, and so have used these in a new batch of 1940's style posy brooches as the first batch all whizzed off to new homes.  I tried a couple of different styles.  I made a posy with three rose stems but it took me so long to make I think it shall be a one-off as far as my shop is concerned!



I have restocked my Etsy shop and you will find the posies and the lampshades there if you fancy a spot of shopping. 

I have also decided to move on some of my stock, why wait for the January sales I thought, when folk could probably do with making some savings now?  So you'll find good mark downs on all sorts of things from cute cuddly owls to heart shaped crochet brooches to feedsack cushion covers.

I can barely believe that in less than an hour's time, the Munchkin finishes school for the Christmas holidays.  Crikey.  So, that's it for 2012 for making goodies to sell, time to get on with a quilt that needs making for a Christmas gift, some placemats and goodness knows what else.  I hope your own preparations are going well.  Feel in control?  Good for you!  Now I have to evacuate my Den as a really cold wind is blowing and I can barely feel my hands!

19 comments:

  1. I can quite believe 'she' got inspiration from you, I wonder if she reads our blogs?
    You always make the loveliest things Hen Happy Christmas xx
    I'm cracking open my raspberry vodka tonight, fancy a tot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shade, so pretty! Enjoy the holidays. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty lampshade.
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, not in control at all! Thought I was- very dangerous to do that...loads of things suddenly requiring doing. Have a lovely time over the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous lampshade and I love all the pretty prints!! Your brooches are always so beautiful!! Happy day to you! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh.... soooooo lovely.... pretty pretty lampshade!!!!!!!! I do adore your handmade! Take care and enjoy your Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous lampshade - it complements the patchwork wallpaper perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful lampshade Hen! and how fabulous you got to meet Cath Kidston, I'm sure she was 100% inspired by you and your lovely creations :) I know I am!
    Jessie, xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi dear Hen! I just got myself a present from your Etsy shop! :-) That's pretty cool that you got to me "the" Ms. Kidston! I love her stuff. And yours! Gorgeous lampshade. I made a lampshade some years ago using parchment, and I used an exacto knife to cut roses and ribbons and lined it with tracing paper. Fun stuff! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful lamp shades Hen :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful lamp shade! What a fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Knock, knock
    Cooeee - just popping round for a mince pie and anything else that might be on offer! Love your brooches Hen - what a talent you have. Delicious colours and perfect with your fabrics
    All the very best to you and yours
    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have such a fun blog. I am a new follower. :)

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh ...the felt posies are absolutely Wonderful!!!!! Just love them....really ..I love Everything you do!!! Have a wonderful Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a soft, pretty lampshade. Plus I really like your patchwork wall! Wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore the lampshade! And the floral print (Vernon Ward?)

    ReplyDelete

You are warmly encouraged to leave a comment here. Your comments are emailed directly to me so rest assured I read and treasure every one. Thank you for supporting my blog with your comment. X