Tuesday, 4 December 2012


So the beast is in place.

Undecorated as yet, think we are psyching ourselves up for that one!  The other side of the room is looking a little bare; as I type I await delivery of our new sofa, due by 2pm, they're cutting it fine!  Once we had remodelled the kitchen at the other end of this room, we felt the sitting room was ripe for a makeover, too.

On Saturday, I was thrilled to purchase several sets of divine barkcloth curtains.  They will be playing their role in the revamp.  Watch this space!

Talking of Saturday, here's a few snaps of my stock, some of which I didn't get round to showing you last week.

This is the little sister to the large sewing basket I revamped, that one happily finding a new home to be revealed to its new owner on 25 December.

Sewing notions with applique based on the actual vintage sewing notions I have collected.

Today, the sun is out, miracle, so I seized the camera and have given myself a dead shoulder after hours of styling, snapping and listing!  Felt creations inspired by the 1940s...

Bags made from this ace Fifties style fabric I had hoarded.

The Forties posies were a hit and only four remain.

One sewing basket is looking for a lovely new owner.

Lots of small and well priced goodies ideal as gifts and stocking fillers...

Including these freeform button brooches...

I've still some more snapping and listing to do but I think that's enough for today!  Lots of yummy items can be found online in my Etsy shop.  I am having a stall at a local fair on Friday so my shop will probably be shut for a while then and some of the stock may (hopefully!) disappear.  It's certainly tough making a living from painstaking handmade items these days.

Thanks so much for sticking with this post.


  1. wowza! hen that is the most amazingly wonderful tree. my father when we were younger would cut down the top of the christmas tree in the garden, it would reach the ceiling! it reminds me of my childhood. love the fabrics! so beautiful- your blog is so wonderful and inspiring x

  2. Can't wait to see the finished room and tree :)

    Bee happy x

  3. Oh - you TEASE! I cannot wait to see your tree - it is going to be fabulous.

    Love those posies too :D

  4. Your tree is so pretty and I can't wait to see it all sparkling with sweet ornaments and lights! Your creations are gorgeous!! xo Heather

  5. That is a lovely tree, such a great size and shape. I hope you post photos of it when decorated! x

  6. Lots of lovely things here today Hen, my daughter would love that fifties bag! She says she doesn't like 'vintage' things, asks me not to go into all the charity shops, but she loves fifties style! :)

  7. Wow! What a tree and what a fabulous space to put in. We have a great big 8ft tree but it is in a corner and you can only see it when your in the dining room. So I can not wait to see yours all done, I bet it will be beautiful as is everything else that you turn your hand too xx

  8. My darling husband has bought me (with only a little nudging :-) ) the sewing basket for Christmas. Aren't I the lucky one!

  9. What an exciting time ahead, trimming trees, picking out coloures and fabrics for your room, and displaying your wonderful wares for all to see..
    Winter wishes
    Thea x

  10. What a gorgeous tree! I'd love to have a real one like that one day. So much room for decorations. :)

    I think the 'solution' to keep the trees alive can have aspirin and other things in it that are bad for kitties, best to make sure they can't drink any of the trees water.

    Can't wait to see your decorated tree and more of your lovely sewing! :)

  11. Loving those glimpses of the new kitchen. when are we getting the full on ta-dah?!

    Your stock looks lovely and how jealous am I of ALL those curtains...?

  12. Lovely things as ever Hen- what a whopper that tree is- hope the sofa arrives in time!V. nice fabrics for the curtains too.

  13. Oh my goodness, that is one perfect tree! I'm with the others, I can't wait to see it all decorated. Tis the season, eh?
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

  14. WOW!! I'm sure your tree is the biggest I've ever seen and will look amazing when it's "fairied" up. Love all your makes, Lucey x

  15. I'm not surprised you only have a few of the flower corsages left - they're lovely. Yes its hard making any money after the hours of toil but hang on in there. Just think how sad the world would be without shops or stalls filled with colourful, enticing wares. Philippa xx

  16. Your tree is huge! It's very tough making a living from making things and disheartening at times! x

  17. Cannot wait to see the tree decorated!
    Z xx

  18. Looks like you had a great day Saturday.
    Can't wait to see the tree decorated.
    Julie xxxxxxxxx


You are warmly encouraged to leave a comment here. Your comments are emailed directly to me so rest assured I read and treasure every one. Thank you for supporting my blog with your comment. X