Monday, 22 December 2014

A Crafty Space

Hello dear readers and how are you this fine Monday in December? I hope you are still popping in here as I know I have neglected my poor blog recently. Just in case you've forgotten, hello, here I am!


Life continues to be very good if hectic here in the West Country.  However, I am feeling a lot more settled now I have unpacked some of those many many boxes and in particular, those for my Den.  Mr HenHouse has been a love and got busy with his screwdriver and voila, I found I had a whole load of white shelves to fill in my new Den.   



Well that was no chore, of course!

Hello stash.



I am lucky, this is a lovely big room and whilst it is only my Den in the interim and will revert to a guest bedroom eventually (we have plans to create a real studio!) and it is a bit impractical having carpet, it has made it lovely and cosy this Winter.  Being situated right next to the master bedroom, I am never far from my stash!  I have a pretty fireplace, just about every room in our new home has one including the bathroom, and I have created a cosy seating area where it's nice to sit down for an inspiring read or a bit of hand sewing when I can find the time.  That's not very often these days!  I did find time to hang and even make some mini quilts for the chimney breast which jollies the place up no end.


Best of all, I have two very big windows in this room.  It's one of the things we loved about this house, all the huge Victorian windows flooding the place with light, something we had become used to in the old HenHouse.  Here, though I am further spoiled in that I have really fabulous views.  One over the lawn to the East and the rising sun...


...the other, as far as the eye can see and it's a mighty long way on a fine day.  A tad distracting!  I have a new (old) pine table set up here and not one but three machines arranged around it.  It's a dreamy sewing space.




I have added to my beloved black Singer featherweight which was my birthday gift this year, with a white one too.  The white ones were more modern, 1960s, and I do prefer the black one to sew on but this has the advantage of having a white machine bed so I can see the markings on my "Slider 2" (this clear acetate square affixes to the machine bed and has 1/4" and other seam lines marked on it and allows for easy peasy piecing of half-square triangles).


Elsewhere, I have lots of wall space for hanging both crafty essentials and more decorative bits and bobs.  I have been able to unpack a lot of my vintage collection.




I'm going to leave it at that today, it takes me an age to blog now that we do not have super-whizzy fibre optic internet like we had in London!  I have been treated to a new computer recently so I am hoping when I find time to set it up later today, that may help.  Anyway, I hope you've enjoyed the little tour of my creative space and I'm going to share some Christmassy crafting with you very soon.

Xxx

Note: Please make sure you properly credit any pinned images/images used elsewhere.

22 comments:

  1. Oh wow! your craft room is so beautiful. Lovely to have large windows to let the light in.
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though it is only temporary your new den is a labyrinth of loveliness with gorgeous views to boot. I am very jealous you are one lucky lady. Slower internet is a price well worth paying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas, I love your craftroom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fabulous - you must be delighted x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Missed your posts and look forward to seeing more of that amazing new home. Your studio make me want to organize mine more. It never seems like you are messy!! Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you have been very busy, it all looks beautiful, must be tempting to spend all day in there and forget about everything else ! Happy Christmas. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so beautiful!!! I hope you have a great year ahead in your new home. Happy Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Christmas Hen, Mr Hen and H! Lovely to hear from you and see you settling in so beautifully! Enjoy your wonderful new home this Christmas love The Blue Lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, everything looks absolutely wonderful and cozy! Just makes me want to sit down and sew for a bit! You enjoy and I can't wait to see more pictures!
    Monique

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always a joy to see and read your blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello lovely lady it's so nice to see your blog post in my email list, lovely to have you back, I think we all miss your posts. Your den looks delightful and as MargoBowBells said it must be sooo tempting to sit in there just breathing in the beauty of the sewing goodies within and the beautiful view out of those large windows....magical!
    When we first moved here New Years eve 1976 we could see all across the Peak District moors from our bedroom window, at present my sewing desk is in that room now and when I look up from sewing all I see are houses and yet more houses. I'm a country village born and bred girl and really miss it.
    I wish you, Mr Hen and dare I still call him Munchkin or is he to old now, anyway, I hope you have a wonderful blessed Christmas in your new home. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    Peg xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. How nice to see you again! Your craftroom is a real dream!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You may have the nicest creative space that I've ever seen.. EVER! Lucky you! But I know how much work it took to get it looking so perfect. I really hope you show us more of your new house soon! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fab workspace ... very envious! Hope you all have a great Christmas and happy new year ... M x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Merry Christmas, hope you have a lovely festive time.

    Victoria xx
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been waiting with baited breath for all the photos of the new home! Loving your crafty space!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your room is so cheerful and inspiring! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hen your den looks beautiful, having everything on display looks great but I couldn't do that myself, I'd be worried the fabrics would get dusty, it's all in clear boxes in cupboards for me, never mind I can enjoy looking at yours. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas, bit of a change for both of us this year, take care, pi.xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful husband you have. You have more fabric than my local fabric shop and she isn't exactly miserly with her stashes as well :) Your views are fantastic. How is the Munchkin getting on? Guess he's getting excited for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've loved seeing your home at Christmas time, your tree always looks wonderful. So glad you've found your dream home and looking forward to seeing how you make it your own.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My idea of absolute heaven!!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

You are warmly encouraged to leave a comment here. Your comments are emailed directly to me so rest assured I read and treasure every one. Thank you for supporting my blog with your comment. X