Friday, 18 December 2015

A Festive Flurry 

Hello readers and thank you for receiving my last post so enthusiastically.  I'm here again already!



So the boxes are down from the loft and the decorations are finding their way around the house.  There's a smattering here in the Den, in appropriate colours, of course.

I've still found the odd hour here and there to spend in my Den.  A little peg doll fairy has appeared (though I don't think I'm going to get many/any more done now!)


It's a busy time of year for us all, isn't it?  The problem, is I don't seem to have many helpers.  Just ones who sleep on the job.





There seems to be a lot planned between now and the big day, just one week to go!  We already have had a few events going on.  The Master finished school a week ago and we enjoyed a lovely carol concert in Sherborne Abbey and a more intimate and cute Christingle service in the village where the youngest visitor was just nine weeks old and the oldest...well I wouldn't say.




There's something lovely about being out and about at dusk at this time of year.  The best bit is coming home, of course.



I am still waiting on my dream kitchen which I thought would have been here by now but never mind, that gives us something to look forward to in the New Year and for now, we're good and cosy indoors.


In the evenings in front of the fire, there's been a little hand stitching going on.


As promised, a final stocking has squeezed out of the Den just in time.



If you have been a good girl or boy and need a stocking to hang by the fireside for Father Christmas to fill on Christmas night, you've still got time and shall find this one magically waiting in my Etsy shop!

I hope to be back and see you all again before the big day and show you the festive HenHouse.
Xxx

23 comments:

  1. Everything about this post looks so warm and cozy. The kitties look happy and content too. Love your sticking. Happy Christmas!
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything! Your home is lovely and inviting and cozy. The service in the abbey sounds like a dream. I love your helpers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was nice to see your door! Can't wait to see the inside some more.
    ****************************************
    *M*E*R*R*Y* * *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ****************************************
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our furry friends haven't been much of a help with Christmas decorating either, but they do look so adorable when they're asleep! Your Christmas stocking looks lovely hanging from your mantle and I love your velvet brooch pillow too. Merry Christmas🎄

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Hen! I would like to knock on your door, (hope you would be happy to see me) come in and sit by the fire with you and stitch. What a lovely entryway and home. I enjoy your posts both here and Instagram. Thank you for sharing your life with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see the festive HenHouse photos!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog and I love it. I think I may start mine up again soon, although I am not "crafty" and can't make all these adorable quilts etc you are so good at making. I have a love of the 40's and have 3 cats too, so seeing your pics of your beautiful house and family inspires me. Have a wonderful Christmas and I am looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful times preparing for Christmas! Totally beside the point I realise, but I adore the sugar and flour shakers in your dresser. Happy Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miss Hen - your house is lovely. If I could think of a dream house this would be it. Love the furry friends too, they look all cosy and warm.

    Julie and Poppy Q

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous furry friends. who is the one that looks so content with his paws crossed (top picture) Yours stockings are absolutely stunning
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas from Texas, USA!
    Love your furry friends!
    You inspire and connect me to my heritage.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy to see another post from you. I know you and your husband have been so busy this past year with your moving, working on the outside of your home and decorating inside your home. Thanks for sharing the photo's of your home, it looks lovely and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'v missed your blogs even though I follow you on Instagram keep them coming please

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hen, I wish you and yours a very Happy Christmas. I know what you mean about being busy. Your beautiful dreamers almost, almost convinced me to take a nap this afternoon. However, I've rallied enough energy to bake more cookies while catching up on some favorite bloggers.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely to see another post so soon. The photos paint a cozy picture of life inside the Henhouse..... I know you've been working hard on your new home and it certainly shows. Looking forward to seeing more. WISHING YOU ALL A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So lovely to have two posts in succession! Bless you! Things must be very busy now you have many more critters to look after as well! I do hope you're keeping well yourself? I really do miss your lovely posts when you're busy. I always read even though I don't always comment. So just in case you don't post again before Christmas, and I can't comment, I hope all of you lovely folk at Henhouse have a very merry Christmas, and a fantastic 2016. Bless you all. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you have a lovely Christmas in your new home x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I do hope you will be back blogging soon. I just found your lovely blog.

    Would so love to see more, about your beautiful home.

    Happy New Year!

    Gentle hugs...

    From across the Pond... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your blog and after seeing so many of your crocheted afghans I have picked up a crochet hook and have started making some of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved your precious little mini quilts in the first picture and your Christmas pictures. All so cozy and warm! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's been over a month and we need a Hen House post!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope all is well. You are missed in blogland :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Missing your blog posts. Hope everything is ok with you and yours. Please update us! :)

    ReplyDelete

You are warmly encouraged to leave a comment here. Your comments are emailed directly to me so rest assured I read and treasure every one. Thank you for supporting my blog with your comment. X